SC – Multisensory Approach: Teaching Students with ADHD/Dyslexia ADHD-D
Format:Live & Online Combo
Course Fee: $199.99
Credit Hours: 12 hours (6 Online/6 Virtual)
VIRTUAL Class: Sunday, February 21, 2021 from 9:20am-4:30pm
The Multi-sensory Approach: Teaching Student with ADHD/Dyslexia ADHD-D course provides an overview of how various teaching styles will open a window of strategies based on student learning style; to further engage students and know how they learn.
The course provides educators with an understanding of the four components of the Multi-sensory Approach. Visual, Auditory, Kinesthetic, Tactile (VAKT) and recognizing students who exhibit difficulties in the classroom setting. With an increased focus on students with learning challenges, the course discusses modifications that meet student learning styles and focuses on understanding student strengths.
- Students will have a clear understanding of the Multisensory Approach and purpose by clarifying each of its four modalities.
- Students will be able to identify students with ADHD-D through one-on-one interactions along with the study of signs and symptoms.
- Students will be able to apply teaching strategies to facilitate learning by incorporating the use of the Four Components of MA.
- Students will recognize various types of assessment methods and apply and test knowledge through exams.
12 CEU hours are required to renew your license. Your registration for this ONLINE 6 hour CEU course, will also serve as your registration for the VIRTUAL 6 hour Effective Teaching Strategies for All Learners CEU class on Sunday, February 21, 2021 from 9:20am-4:30pm. No additional registration steps are required.
SC (VIRTUAL) – Effective Teaching Strategies for All Learners
Effective Teaching Strategies will guide instructors in developing instructional strategies that can be adapted to the needs of students. This virtual class facilitated through Zoom, will help instructors understand strategies that will assist students as they progress toward learning goals while bringing engagement to the learning environment.
This is a VIRTUAL one (1) day 6 hour Instructor CE course. It will satisfy any ONSITE/LIVE CEU hour requirements. Due to Covid-19, the SC Board of Cosmetology has approved virtual classes to satisfy in-person learning.
How It Works
- Register for an 6 hour online Instructor CEU course (automatically registers you for the 6 hour virtual class.)
- Complete the online course before Sunday, February 21st.
- Carefully read the virtual course confirmation email (sent at least 48 hours before the virtual class) explaining how to connect to Zoom and Do’s/Don’ts.
- SHOW UP!!! On February 21st to attend the class, listen, engage and learn!
- During the virtual class, there will be a lunch break and several 10 minute brain breaks.
- THAT’S IT!!! Your 12 hours will be reported to USC for processing within 48 hours after completing the class.
Please be prepared to verify your identity with two forms of ID: Drivers License and Instructor License. Both courses will satisfy 12 credit hours of the 12 credit hours required for renewal.